The Millbrook Library is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Library Director. The Library is an active community center serving a vibrant, rural community. Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees, the Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Library operations.
Minimum Qualifications: Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program preferred and 3 years of progressively responsible library administrative experience. Experience should include a broad background in management, administration/human resources, operations, fundraising and finance, as well as knowledge of library services, operations and collections.
Salary: $50,000+ commensurate with experience and benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Responsible for administering the safe and efficient operation of the Millbrook Library, its programs and services, in compliance with all applicable laws, and policies and decisions of the Board;
• Oversees continuous development of relevant library materials and services; responsible for the development of the Library’s adult collections in coordination with the Head of Circulation; plans and implements programs and services for patrons of all ages in collaboration with the Youth Services staff;
• Exhibits a high level of administrative and supervisory skills including: recruiting, hiring and training new employees, as well as coordinating the continued training and development of staff members; balancing multiple priorities; administering personnel policies; preparing performance evaluations of staff members; record keeping; grant writing and preparing the annual budget, state and local reports; and oversees the annual audit;
• Possesses exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
• Exercises considerable professional skill, initiative and good judgment, and the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, Friends of the Library, the public and the Board to promote the library as an integral and vital component of the community;
• Strong computer skills: knowledge of database, spreadsheet and word processing software, including Quickbooks, as well as familiarity with current and emerging technologies and their application(s) in a library setting.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references no later than March 18, 2020 to:
Attn: Personnel Committee firstname.lastname@example.org