Children's/Youth Services Associate, Roeliff Jansen Community Library
The Roeliff Jansen Community Library in Copake, NY, is seeking an energetic and creative part-time Children's/Youth Services Librarian to develop and oversee the Library's children's and young adult collections and programs. The Children's/Youth Services Librarian, who reports to the Director of the Library, will also assist with circulation and reference duties, materials processing, and community outreach.
- Work with the Youth Team to plan, promote, implement, and evaluate programs for children, young adults, and families
- Maintain and develop the children's and young adult collections, selecting, ordering, processing, cataloging, and repairing materials
- Recruit, train, and work with youth-oriented volunteers including, perhaps, a youth advisory team
- Work with local schools and camps to introduce young people to the Library
- Identify opportunities to secure grants for programs geared to children and young adults
- Work the circulation desk, field reference questions, assist patrons with computer questions
- Maintain statistics and develop reports
- Take responsibility of the building in the absence of the Director
The candidate must have strong customer service skills and be able to work with people of all ages and temperaments, especially with children and young adults, be comfortable with computer and A/V technology and savvy with social media, and enjoy working as part of a team.
This is a 30 hour/week position. Candidate must be able to work weekends and evenings as needed.
Bachelor's degree, MLS preferred
Hourly rate dependent upon education and experience.
The Roeliff Jansen Community Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send résumé and letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position, along with the names and contact information for three professional references, to Tamara Gaskell, Director, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin September 8th.