- Perform original and adaptive cataloging in MARC format following AACR2/RDA standards, add records to bibliographic database, and assign call numbers to new items.
- Manage the components of the integrated library system, WorldShare Management Services.
- Ensure the integrity of the library’s database of bibliographic records.
- Train staff in using the integrated library system and set up library system user accounts and permissions.
- Oversee the processes of circulation services and course reserves.
- Administer ILL borrowing and lending transactions in compliance with copyright laws and manage upgrades of ILL applications.
- Oversee the accessibility of research databases, e-serials and e-books with the WorldShare Knowledge Base and Collection Manager and maintain the A-Z e-resource list and OCLC link resolver.
- Supervise student employees in circulation activities at the Help Desk and in shelving, shelf-reading and the physical processing of printed and audio-visual materials.
- Serve as the liaison with IT to manage the library management system, to carry out system upgrades or migration planning and implementation, to upload patron records, and to update proxy server.
- Submit service requests and problem reports to library system vendors and work with vendors to resolve issues.
- Use reporting tools to generate reports for assessment and accreditation needs.
- Conduct periodic inventory of library collections.
- Establish, document and update procedures relating to the Librarian’s responsibilities.
- Participate in reference desk coverage and library instruction as needed.
- Assist with hosting library events and programming.
- Engage in professional development to build new skill sets and increase proficiency at current skills.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Science, or related advanced degree with significant library work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years professional experience working in technical and/or access services in an academic or special library.
- Experience using WorldShare Management Services.
- Experience supervising student workers.
- Strong computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with library management systems and MS Office Suite products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively adapt to and use new technologies and software.
- Ability to perform copy cataloging using MARC format, AACR2/RDA standards, LCSH subject headings and LC classification.
- Ability to manage access to databases and other e-resources.
- Demonstrated ability in process management, project coordination, time management and problem solving.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to customers.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Must have a proven, consistent track record showing the ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds as needed.
At The Culinary Institute of America, it is important to us that we support our employees with a substantial and meaningful package of benefits. We believe in supporting our employees with benefits to assist with work life balance.
Benefits are offered based on the position type and status. Benefits offered may include;
- Medical and prescription drug plan
- Dental plan, Vision plan
- Insurance: Life, Home, Auto, even Pet!
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Generous paid time off programs, including paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan 403(b) with company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance programs
- And more!