Museum Village is a living history museum preserving a vast collection of eclectic, 19th century artifacts for educational purposes. Using these artifacts and reproductions, we provide hands-on experiences and exhibits illustrating the transition from a rural to an industrial culture and economy in America, provoking thought and discussion about history.
The Education Director at Museum Village, along with the Executive Director and
management consultation, is responsible for the overall Education Program and Interpretive Implementation. Generally hours are Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 3:00PM with occasional weekends and/or evening for special events. Hours can be flexible. Reports to: Michael Sosler, Executive Director
- Schedule and Coordinate School class trips at Museum Village ensuring an optimal learning experience for all students.
- Manage, Train and Schedule Interpretive Staff for all School Attendance, Special Events and General Museum Activities.
- In coordination with museum management, Plan and Maintain Interpretive Program
- Coordinate with Collection's Manager Exhibits to highlight the Interpretive Program.
- Plan and Maintain a standard labeling and signage system in coordination with museum management.
- Market Museum Village's Educational Programs to other institutions - Colleges, Universities, New Schools, Home Schoolers.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in related area
- Preferred experience working in a museum environment
- Knowledge and experience working for a not-for-profit organization
- Experience handling and moving artifacts
- Excellent research skills
- Knowledge and awareness of conservation plans and methods
- Basic knowledge of carpentry skills to assist in preparing exhibits
- Ability to lift and move 50 - 60 lbs
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse array of people
- Willingness and desire to train and grow in museum management
- Willingness to train in disaster preparedness
- Weekend & Evening availability as required
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter via email to: Michael Sosler, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org