The Beekman Library seeks an innovative library professional who is passionate about providing exceptional library service to the public. The Assistant Library Director performs professional and administrative duties in planning, implementing, directing and evaluating library service to the community.
Examples of Duties:
· Plans and implements all adult programs
· Assists Director with collection development
· Writes grant proposals
· Assists Director with marketing of library services through various media
· Identifies new service needs in the community
· Provides digital literacy support and training to patrons and staff
· Troubleshoots technical problems
· Acts as the Library Director in his or her absence
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Working knowledge of professional library principles, practices, functions, methods and administration
· Working knowledge of library circulation systems and online databases
· Strong computer and technical skills
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Ability to develop the necessary supervisory, decision-making, team-building and conflict resolution skills to assist the Director in personnel matters
· Ability to set priorities and coordinate multiple projects
· Ability to perform with a minimum of supervision and to work collaboratively in a team environment
· Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
· Knowledge of and ability to learn various graphic design and marketing software such as Canva, and Constant Contact
MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited school. Two years of professional public library experience required. Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
This is a salaried 40-hour-per-week position with a competitive compensation package including paid vacation, personal days, holidays, sick time, and health benefits. Salary range is $47,000-$50,000 a year depending on experience.
Beekman Library :
The Beekman Library is an Association Library located in Southern Dutchess County that serves the 12,650 residents of the Town of Beekman. We are a vital, exurban library with an active adult and children's program calendar.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with the subject heading Assistant Director to email@example.com