Dominican College, located in Rockland County, 20 miles north of New York City, seeks an enthusiastic candidate with a strong orientation toward user-centered service to fill the role of Assistant Librarian for Technical Services.
Reporting to the College's Head Librarian, the Assistant Librarian manages electronic resources and the integrated library system, catalogs library materials in all formats, coordinates all interlibrary loan requests and assists with reference questions. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Manages access to electronic resources
- Facilitates maintenance, development and technical support for Library software and resources through vendor collaboration
- Administers basic configuration of SirsiDynix Sirsi integrated library system (ILS)
- Catalogs and processes library materials in all formats
- Manages and delivers interlibrary loan services (ILL)
- Delivers reference service
- Evaluates collections and materials
- Assists with outreach
- Trains and supervises library work study students
- Provides library instruction, as needed
- Performs other duties, as assigned
During the Academic Semesters: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm; hours may vary during exam periods.
Requirements: The successful candidate will have an ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent graduate LIS degree. This individual should have excellent communication, interpersonal and technology skills. Must demonstrate a learner-centered approach to assisting library users. Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System, OCLC, MARC, RDA for cataloging. Familiarity with ILLiad and DOCLINE. Experience managing an integrated library system and Discovery layer like Ebsco’s EDS. A commitment to developing and maintaining familiarity with current and emerging trends in resource sharing, electronic resources & technical services is essential. Two years of experience, preferably in an academic library and experience in resource sharing, technical services or electronic resource services preferred.
Dominican College is located in Orangeburg, New York approximately 20 miles north of New York City. We are a private institution with approximately 2,000 students and 400 faculty and staff. Our heritage stresses the humanistic value of a Liberal Arts education, a commitment to social justice, and a strong belief in the need for integrity and community engagement, all in the service of preparing students to reach their potential as responsible citizens who enrich the world in which we live.
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com by October 24, 2021.