The Adult Services Department is seeking qualified, reliable and flexible librarians to join us in providing excellent customer service to our patrons!
- A Master of Library Science degree and New York State Professional Librarian’s Certificate are required.
- Previous experience in a library setting required, including reference service and proficient computer skills.
- Capacity to provide outstanding professional reference and reader’s advisory service to the public, both in-person and by phone.
- Possess a working knowledge of library resources, and awareness of new resources and technologies in print and electronic formats.
- Ability to explain library programs, services and policies to patrons in a clear and courteous manner.
- Ability and willingness to work well with a diverse clientele.
- Flexible schedule required; must be able to work daytime, night and weekend hours.
To apply: send letter of interest and resume to Assistant Director Beth Zambito at email@example.com by 8/21/22 with Subject line: Substitute Librarian I application