The Livingston Free Library in Livingston, NY (Columbia County) is looking for a part-time
Library Clerk. The position is 4 hours per week with additional hours to cover may be available,
including a Saturday. This position is $14.00 per hour with opportunity for a pay increase after a
probationary period. The Clerk will serve under the supervision of the Library Director.
Training will be provided for all of the following Library Clerk duties:
- Checking materials in and out for patrons using the Sierra system (training on the
- system will be provided).
- Processing incoming and outgoing interlibrary loan materials.
- Issuing new library cards.
- Informing and assisting patrons in the use of online resources such as e-books or
- Assisting patrons in printing, copying and basic computer use.
- Shelving returned items.
- Answering the phone and helping patrons with inquiries.
- Explaining and enforcing library policies and procedures with patrons as needed.
- Assisting the Director in preparation for and execution of programming for
- patrons of all ages.
The Clerk should be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as by
physically able to bend, stretch, kneel, and lift up to 40 pounds. Customer service experience is
preferred, the Clerk should have a helpful and friendly demeanor in their interaction with
patrons. Prior library experience is a plus. Please email a cover letter and resume, to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.