The East Fishkill Community Library is looking for a Library Clerk to join their customer service-oriented team.
Primary responsibilities include library service transactions (checking in/out materials, locating resources, providing technical help with computers and printing, issuing library cards, etc.) and routine clerical duties to maintain the library’s efficient flow of materials. A strong desire to interact with the public, and a willingness to learn and assist others in learning about the library’s digital and technological offerings, are key.
Qualifications, Desired Knowledge, Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions with willingness and ability to stay up to date as technology changes.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive, tactful, with strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to represent the library in a professional and courteous manner.
- Performs routine circulation duties, including handling patron payments, and using the copier, fax machine, printer, and scanner.
- Ability to stand for long periods, lift, kneel, crouch, and stoop.
- Attends job related training and meetings.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. Previous library experience is a plus.
Hours: Monday 9am–3pm, Thursday 9:30am–5:30pm, Friday 10am–6pm. Hours subject to change and candidate must take part in Saturday and Sunday rotation.
To Apply: Interested individuals should email a cover letter, resume, and references if possible to Kaitlyn Stroud at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Clerk” in the subject line.