Chartered in 1938, the Livingston Manor Free Library serves the beautiful rural community of Livingston Manor, NY. The library has an opening for a Communications Specialist who will grow the organization’s visibility and reach by developing and implementing an effective communications strategy.
This is a three-quarter time position responsible for keeping the public informed about library services with communications that consistently express the mission and vision of the Association.
Work collaboratively with library director, staff and volunteers to:
- Create and implement a strong communications plan including print, digital, and social media utilizing library branding;
- Design and distribute electronic and print communications promoting library; resources, services and programs, including written press releases and a monthly newsletter;
- Update and maintain website and social media accounts;
- Collect and maintain library statistics for reporting purposes;
- Assist in program planning for youth and adults;
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of programs;
- Prepares reports as required.
- Performs tasks related to online circulation and interlibrary loan using integrated library software;
- Keep up-to-date with current technology trends and occasionally provide technology instruction to library users;
- Performs extra duties during Director’s leave.
- Excellent written communication and design skills and the ability to develop varying forms of content for publications;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated experience with design applications;
- Ability to learn new software;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple projects.
Job Type: Part time
- 7 days paid annual leave
- 3 sick days
- Contribution toward healthcare insurance
Schedule: 26 hours/week, may include occasional weeknights and Saturdays, some remote work possible
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in related field such as marketing, communications, journalism or demonstrated ability in the required skills. Candidate sought who will extend the culture of the organization.
To Apply: Send resume and letter of interest to Library Director Peggy McGuire at email@example.com.
Position open until filled.