LaGrange Association Library is looking for an enthusiastic, customer-service oriented individual to join our team as a part-time Library Clerk and Passport Agent.
- checking materials in and out for patrons at the front desk
- assisting library users in person and via telephone with information requests and reader’s advisory
- assisting library users with basic computer usage, printing, faxing, and copying
- answering the phone and directing calls appropriately
- preparing new materials for checkout
- explaining and enforcing library policies and procedures with patrons as needed
- shelving/shelf maintenance as needed
- other projects as assigned
Online training to become a Passport Agent will be provided and those duties include processing new passports, carefully checking personal documents, and taking passport photos.
Requirements: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED or higher, United States Citizenship (mandatory for Passport Agents), excellent customer service and communication skills, basic computer proficiency, the ability to multi-task, and the physical ability to bend, stretch, kneel, and lift up to 40 pounds. The ideal candidate should enjoy working with the public, have a good sense of humor, have an interest in reading and movies, be able to function independently and as part of a busy library team, and maintain the confidentiality of patron information. Prior library experience is a plus.
18 hours per week, including an evening shift, plus 2 Saturdays per month. $13.50 per hour with three (3) flex days upon hiring; sick, vacation, and personal days upon one (1) year anniversary. To apply: Contact Mary M. De Bellis, Director, at email@example.com.